Information and Technology
Informatics Planning and Services branch provides the whole-of-government with Information Management and Information Technology services for all GN departments and programs.
The Information division provides:
- Information analysts who help improve existing services and plan the information flow for new programs the Government is contemplating.
- Records management specialists who help all GN departments manage both their paper and their electronic documents and data.
- Information infrastructure technical auditors responsible for monitoring and strengthening information management and policies throughout the Government, especially data organization, security and privacy.
- Web masters who help GN programs distribute their information using either the internal GN Intranet or the Government's Internet Web pages.
The Technology division provides:
- Technical specialists who operate and maintain the Government's core computer servers, telecommunications and the databases which underpin all GN operations.
- Project managers who specialize in informatics systems development and enhancement.
- An informatics Call Center and several specialized service desks which track and respond to employee and citizen calls for advice, enhancements, training, or support in using GN programs, tools and equipment.
Informatics Planning & Services
PO Box 1000, Stn 660
W.G. Brown Building
Iqaluit, Nunavut, X0A 0H0
Toll Free: (888)252-9869